Read This Post

Antique original Apple-1 computer sold for $210,000 USD(133,250 pounds) at christie.


The Apple I, which was sold for $ 666.66 and only 200 of them were made at that time, now one of them was sold for 133,250 pounds ($210,000) at christie .

Works 1,000 times slower than the Apple iPad, but sold for 425 times the price.

The successful bidder got it with with a signed sales letter from Steve Jobs himself and the original packaging.

Christies mentioned in the sale that this computer, when introduced in 1976, was the only “personal computer” sold with a fully assembled motherboard, meaning the user would only have to purchase a keyboard, power supply, and display separately.

Successful bid by Italian businessman Marco Bodlione, a man who fancies himself a private collector and his brother (who was at the auction) “The first time I had heard of the idea of a personal computer, it was from Marco,” Macro’s brother Boglione said. He bought it “because he loves computers.”

“Today my heart went out as I got to see things auctioned off like the Turing documents and the Enigma machine and the Apple I,” Woz told journalists right after the auction.

“It really was an important step – I didn’t feel that way when I designed it. … I’m very delighted for the gentleman who purchased it.” .

- AP Inputs

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

No Response to "Antique original Apple-1 computer sold for $210,000 USD(133,250 pounds) at christie."

Post a Comment